Mindfulness Practice for Yogis
Mindfulness practice for yogis is the ability to pay attention to your surroundings, pay attention to others, pay attention to your emotions, within yourself in the present moment. Easier said than done! Let’s try a mindfulness practice for yogis together.
When I begin a yoga class, I remind my students that they should not dwell on what happened earlier in the day or yesterday. They should not plan what still needs to happen when the yoga session is over. They should just focus on one breath at a time and this will help them to be present. For me, this feels like giving my mind a rest. It is restful to just think about one thing at a time. It is calming. This is a type of mindfulness.
The Way to Mindfulness Practice for Yogis
How do we get rid of the junk, thoughts, emotions, and clutter in our minds? We learn, with patience, that we can be conscious and considerate of others and yourself with adding judgement. When we declutter the mind, we slow it down. The mind becomes controlled by the intellect and is able to see clearly in the present space.
Guided meditation from The Yoga Mind (paid link) by Rina Jakubowicz:
Get your favorite dessert (see mine above) and put a piece on a fork. Sit comfortably, keep your spine straight. Grab the fork and close your eyes. Observe the taste in your mouth before eating the dessert. Get rid of distracting thoughts by focusing on the taste in your mouth. Do this for 30 seconds. Place the dessert in your mouth but do not swallow or chew. Leave it on your tongue. Taste the flavor and its sensation for 30 seconds and then chew slowly 15 times. Observe while chewing, and swallow. Get the sensation of being present for just one moment. That’s all that matters. Love this? Get the book for yourself!
Get started right away with Yoga! Download for FREE “Top 10 List for Mindful Weight Loss.”
Yoga for Weight Loss- Online Yoga Mindfulness Product
With Yoga for Weight Loss you get:
- Six weeks of discussion and instruction – $120 value
- Weekly PDF’s and homework to help you find mindfulness around eating- $95 value
- Six weeks of pre-recorded gentle yoga practices – $120 value
- 15 pre-recorded meditations- $150 value
- Private FaceBook group for motivation, encouragement, and community. We are all in this journey together! – Invaluable!
- 4 Breathing technique tutorials- $40 value
- 1st and 3rd Chakra Sun Salutation videos- $20 value
- 4 Tutorials- Modifications for seated and standing poses, Yoga Props, and Setting up home space- $40 value
- 3 Yoga sessions- Beginning Yoga, Healing Sequence, Poses on the Floor, Focus on Twists- $80 value
- Tips, Tricks, and Trade Secrets- $165 value
3 thoughts on “Mindfulness Practice for Yogis- 1 Powerful Way to Think”
Comments are closed.