Essential Books for Yoga Teachers
Are you a yoga teacher? I have been teaching since 2013 and I have found some essential books for yoga teachers. These are powerful resources to apply to your classes.
7 Essential Books for Yoga Teachers
I did a 200-hour training in Ashtanga Yoga and the Ashtanga Yoga Practice Manual was my bible! It taught me the Sanskrit that I use to teach, modifications for poses that are tricky, and how to move in and out of each asana. Essential! The real bible of yoga though, is the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. It will explain the 8 limb path of yoga I learned that yoga is not just an exercise, it is a lifestyle.
Once I got out of training, the time to teach and sequence for myself began. Not all of my students could handle the rigors of Ashtanga (and I believe yoga can be adapted for everyone!). So I turned to Yoga Sequencing and Yoga Adjustments by Mark Stephens. The first book gave me insight into flows with themes for sequences and the second book helped me with hand on adjustments for my private clients.
I recently picked up this new book that looks great for sequencing Yoga Themes. I love to have a class with a theme because it frames the focus so clearly. The experience for the student is always more meaningful. Let’s explore this book together!
Yoga Traveler Online Membership
- New yoga lesson loaded into the Membership Weekly- $80 Value per month!
- Large variety of lessons categorized by length, difficulty, and style
- Access to monthly Live sessions for FREE- $50 value per month!
- Save time and money- no gym fees, no gas to and from the gym, studio in your own home!
- Do yoga lessons anytime that works for you! I know you are a busy person…
- Low monthly fee – cancel anytime
Get all of this for just $19.99 a month!!!