Essential Beginner Tools for Yoga
7 Essential Beginner Tools for Yoga
- Yoga Mat- My favorite brand is Manduka. I have the Black Mat Pro. It lays flat every time. It is non-slippery. It is thick for back support. I love it.
- Yoga block and strap set– When starting out in yoga, you may need a few props to help you build flexibility. Blocks can be used for core integration and for reaching to the floor. Straps are used to reach for the toes in forward folds, again to build flexibility. These are essential beginner tools for yoga.
- Yoga mat bag- For on the go, a mat bag is essential. I like one with pockets for my mat cleaner, tissues, strap, sweat towel. If you get a Manduka mat, I suggest a Manduka bag
- Mexican Blanket– I use the blanket for warmth during savasana, I travel with it to use in place of my heavy mat on the go, and I use it for support in gentle supine twists.
- Bolster- I love the bolster for meditation, support in seated stretching poses, particularly for hip openers, and comfort while laying on the ground.
- Yoga clothes- Yoga cannot be done in just any type of clothing. My favorite brand is Prana. They are made of sustainable fabrics, are comfortable and functional. I will let them tell you great details about their clothes. Check out their website!
- Lighting- If you are doing yoga at home, I suggest some great lighting to get you in the calm vibe. I love Aukey Table Lamp lights. They have three settings of soft white glow, as well as color fluctuation.
- Yoga Mat Cleaner Set– A cleaner will keep your mat clean and you can throw it right in your mat bag.
That is a pretty comprehensive list to get you on your way with yoga. The tools will make all the difference to your success!
Get started the right way with yoga with my Top 10 List for Yoga Newbies.
Yoga For Beginners- Yoga Traveler Online Product
Foundations- How to set up Yoga Space, How to Breathe, Modified Surya Namaskar A and B, and Beginning Yoga Sequence $50 Value
Props Will Help- How to Use Props, Core Strength with a Block, Yoga with a Strap, and Yoga on the Wall $65 Value
Modifications- Standing and Seated poses Modifications Tutorials, Standing Balance Sequence, Forward Bends Sequence $50 Value
Deepen- Tutorial on Transitions, Yoga Sequence for Twists, Yoga Sequence for Hips $45 Value
Succeed- Yoga Sequence Inversions, Essentials for Home Yoga PDF, Tips and Tricks $115 Value